Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mock-Ups for WWD

Mock-Up
I did these Mock-Ups a few weeks back for World Wide Destinations.
I was applying for a job there and wanted to make a good impression, so I offered to create a preliminary sketch of some inside pages about Brazil for their quarterly magazine.

They received the files alright, they seemed to like them and I was assured that they will give a reply in a few days, no matter what their decision was.
A month has passed by and no answer from them.
Waste of time (which is precisely what I don't have) and resources.


I thought I might as well post them here, so there you have them.

It took me about 10 minutes to get some royalty-free photos from the Internet and about 20 minutes to do the design with just a Demo copy of the latest Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 version, that died out 2 days later after I optimized my Mac.
All I can tell is that the main difference with earlier versions (CS2, CS1) was the speed. They must have fixed the code or something because it was blazingly fast.
A real pleasure not having to wait for memory-hungry large operations (God, how I hate those progress bars, specially the ones that go all the way to the end and then hang in there for more than double the time that it took them to get there.)

But as all good things in life it couldn't last.
Back to Graphic Converter ...

No comments: